The NLDS lab at UCSC focuses on computational modeling of dialogue and user generated content in social media such as weblogs. Current research projects include
- Generation of Expressive dialogue in interactive stories and games.
- Computational modeling of dialogue in online chat forums and debates.
- Storytelling and repurposing of content for storytelling from personal narratives in Weblogs.
- Induction of causal and narrative structure and schemas from narratively structured text such as film and personal narratives.
- Computational modeling of discourse structure in narratives.
The Natural Language and Dialogue Systems lab is located at Engineering 2 Rooms 393 and 387.
Please see the menu on the left for people, publications, software, and projects associated with the lab.